Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: copyright infringement notices volume

From: "Michael J. Wheeler" <mwheeler () PITTSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:53:00 -0500

What are you guys using that works so well to receive no DMCA complaints?

--
Michael J. Wheeler
Assistant Director, Systems and Networking

On 9/16/2010 10:43 AM, Jeff Kell wrote:
  On 9/16/2010 10:45 AM, Chris Green wrote:
I'm attributing it to automation on the notification side, especially WRT BitTorrent.  On the plus side, I've had fewer completely
bogus complaints of late (being defined as "that IP ain't active").

We had a snafu over the weekend that disabled our P2P blocking for ~24 hours and got our
first DMCA complaint in a long time.

Didn't take long :-(

Jeff