Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Memories (was University credentials used by third parties)

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:56:09 -0400

We used to do this on our IBM 1620 .. played "Flight of the Bumble Bee"

Joel

--On Friday, August 20, 2010 2:39 PM -0700 Mike Iglesias <iglesias () UCI EDU> wrote:

On 08/20/2010 02:04 PM, Kieper, David wrote:
As for music, Xerox Sigma's running CP-V OS played the star spangled banner over their alarm speaker when you did a
shutdown on them.  Needless to say,
there was no power off feature as part of shutdown...

We had a program that ran (at high priority) on our Sigma-7 that would play
a song (don't remember the song) through a radio on top of the CPU.

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias () uci edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel