Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Paul Kendall <PKendall () ACCUDATASYSTEMS COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:59:01 -0500

I used to hear it about the Big 8:

Arthur Andersen - Snow White
Seven Dwarves:
Price Waterhouse
Coopers & Lybrand
Arthur Young
Ernst & Whinney
Deloitte, Haskins, and Sells
Touche Ross
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell

The scary thing is I can remember all the names. I worked for Andersen in the early 80s after competing graduate
school. One of the British partners at the time, who was leaving to go back to academia, told me the following: "We
hire all these college graduates with no real world experience. The really good ones are snapped up by our clients. The
really bad ones we get rid of. The really mediocre ones...they make Partner."

Paul
Paul L. Kendall, CGEIT, CHP, CHSS, CHS-III, DHS-CVI, CISM, CISSP, CSSLP
PCI Qualified Security Assessor
Senior Consultant
Accudata Systems, Inc.