Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NAC RFI/RFP

From: "Hall, Rand" <rand () MERRIMACK EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:34:14 -0400

Gartner's Magic Quadrants are valuable information sources. I don't want to knock them (I use them all the time) but
you need to use them in light of your application. NAC requirements in higher-ed may be different than those in the
Fortune 500. IIRC, Gartner's 2009 NAC Magic Quadrant made some pretty big marketplace assumptions--assumptions that
often don't apply to the traditional "Wild West" higher education environment.

As a law school you may have more control than the rest of us, though  :-)

Cheers,
Rand

--
Rand P. Hall * Director, Network Services
Merrimack College * SunGard Higher Education

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,