Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email encryption and digital signatures

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:32:02 -0400

Walker, Sam wrote:
I have received a request concerning email encryption and digital
signatures. A quick search found a few companies (such as PGP and
Entrust) that support both requirements. I was curious if anyone had any
opinions and experiences with email encryption and digital signatures in
your current environment. Thanks for your time.

We use Mozilla Thunderbird with the Enigmail plugin and GPG, in cases
where email crypto and signatures are necessary.

If you're in a Windows shop, you can download a package with all of the
required software and docs from www.gpg4win.org.

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-8378
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu