Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Ideas for auditing ID card system

From: Theresa Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 08:42:41 -0400

We have an older implementation of the Blackboard ID / Campus card system
(originally a different vendor).  The ID card department is currently
looking to expand the relationship of the card with a local credit union, so
that the card is used for payment as a debit card.  Before we go down this
path, I would like an external audit, from an IT security and COBIT controls
standard.

The audit would be strictly limited to this environment (not any other
systems or networks).  I'd appreciate any ideas or recommendations.  Vendors
- I do not have a confirmed budget, but I am looking for external consulting
to handle this project.
--
Theresa Rowe
Chief Information Officer