Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Log Review Responsibilities

From: Robertwenrm <robertwenrm () YAHOO COM>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:46:09 -0700

Log Management Operations is one of the responsibilities we ve just received and we are really having a hard time
trying to define log review duties across IT Department.
While most of the operational areas don't want to be involved in any tasks further log sources configuration , the
regulatory IT security office demands increase their staff number to 2 more persons in order
to take over log review tasks which should be distributed in terms of operations and responsibilties to every IT dpt.
(Networking, DataCenter , Database Administration,etc.)
Any help on this to support a valid point based on previous experience would be very appreacited.

Thanks