Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNSSEC Deployment

From: John Ladwig <John.Ladwig () CSU MNSCU EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:34:16 -0500

Not to pile on, exactly, but since the issue's on the table, can anyone explain to me what the UI looks like on DNSSEC
failures, on, say, Windows 7 and IE?  For that matter, any OS.

Or, maybe better, on some non-web network application?

Let's assume for the moment that everything's generally hunky-dory in key validation, but I really wonder how a
spoofed-server/DNSSEC verification failure  situation gets communicated to the chair side of the interface.  For J.
Random TCP/IP application, that is.

Somebody must have tested this once...  maybe they'll help me understand what to prep users to expect.

   -jml