Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: copier harddrives in the news

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:40:34 -0700

 We have been discussing this item for the past couple of weeks internally. We have made the following changes to our
disposition policy:
  (1) For copiers/printers we own, drives must be removed during the disposition process, and will be crushed.
  (2)  For leased copiers/printers, we are currently working on language to add to all of our contracts/lease
agreements.

Brian Basgen
Information Security Office
Pima Community College