Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mobile Data - Protecting the University from unnecessary risk

From: "Buskill, Bruce M" <bbuskill () RADFORD EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:03:48 -0400

<!-- converted from text -->
deployable &quot;database encryption&quot; solutions, as well.<br>
That's clearly true for &quot;transparent&quot; encryption, eg Oracle TDE, which decrypts the database at startup.<br>
I think there's a *lot* of &quot;encryption&quot; solutions which are only protecting against a limited set of media
loss solutions.&nbsp; TDE, for example, does nothing against SQLi attacks, which point seems to be glossed over in a
lot of discussion, particularly in the EHR/EHI (electronic health records) domain.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -jml<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>