Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Mobile Data - Protecting the University from unnecessary risk

From: Todd Britton <tbritton () LAVERNE EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:45:12 -0700

Group,

We are researching to understand what other Colleges and Universities are doing / have done with regard to mobile data.
As our communities' thirst, desire and seeming need for data to their cell phones or PDAs, we want to understand what
policies, practices or procedures you have put into place to address this. Do you require encryption? Do you not allow
email forwarding? How do you ensure compliance? And similar questions come to mind. Thank you in advance for your input.

Todd Britton - MBA, PMP, ITILv3, MCSE, CGEIT
Director of Enterprise Applications
Information Security Officer
OIT Project Manager
University of La Verne