Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Seperated Users Retaining Email Accounts

From: "Jason C. Belford" <jason.belford () OIT GATECH EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:30:35 -0400

At Georgia Tech (right now), retirees keep their email addresses and email boxes.  I say right now because this could
change in the near future.  If / when we change this policy, it will allow them to keep the address without providing
them storage.

It is important to note that students who are employees OR employees who are students (different in our world),
typically only have one mailbox.  Therefore, it is also also important to look at our policy for student email
addresses and boxes.  *All* former students (had to at least take one class successfully and left the Institute in good
standing) keep their email address (no storage).  It can be forwarded to an external location.

Link for Email-for-Life Policy: http://www.oit.gatech.edu/sites/default/files/EMFL_Policy.pdf

--Jason