Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Are users right in rejecting security advice?

From: Allison Dolan <adolan () MIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:07:57 -0400

And part of the level of risk assessment both for individuals and institutions is clearly understanding whether the policy deals with internal compliance or external compliance - for us, the tenor of some discussions have changed, simply because we can now say ' this is Massachusetts law'. People who may have regarded non-compliance with some Institute policy as low risk, think twice about knowingly violating state law :-)

Allison F. Dolan
Program Director, Protecting Personally Identifiable Information
(617) 252-1461
http://mit.edu/infoprotect