Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Discontinuing student email service

From: Charles Seitz <cseitz () UTM EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:59:32 -0600

If the question comes to one of cost, as an educational institution you are
eligible to get aboard with Google Apps free of charge. The University of
Tennessee system is going this way a campus at a time quite successfully and
is offloading all of the student email from the Exchange system. The
students will have their email address for life, the University doesn't have
to maintain anything for them, and the University now has a point of contact
with alumni for the rest of their lives. It's a win for everyone.

Charles A. Seitz
Senior Security Analyst
University of Tennessee Information Security Office
Martin Campus
cseitz () tennessee edu
(731) 881-7966
Mobile (615) 948-3641