Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Archiving

From: Matt Arthur <arthur () WUSTL EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:33:27 -0600

Brad,

Two pieces of advice:

1) Create and meticulously follow a retention policy.  I don't think how
long you 'retain' data is as important as how long you say you will
retain it, but that is why I am sending along the second piece of
advice,

B) talk to your General Council and policy officer to be sure of any
regulatory or legislative requirements.

And if all else fails, go stay at a Holiday Inn overnight to gain
expertise and knowledge.

______________________________________
Matthew K. Arthur, CISSP | Director - Incident Communications Solutions
Information Services & Technology | Washington University in St. Louis
Campus Box 1110, 7425 Forsyth Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63105-2161
314.935.3899 o | 314.323.9246 c | arthur () wustl edu
P Please consider the environment before printing
This email, including attachments may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender by replying to this message and delete this email immediately.