Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

online survey: HIPAA Security & HITECH Breach Notification requirements

From: "McGrath, Faith" <faith.mcgrath () YALE EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:18:40 -0500

Yale University ITS is attempting to gather information about how our peers at other educational institutions are
responding to increased Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) enforcement including the breach
notification regulations implement as provisions of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health
(HITECH) Act, passed as part of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).

The URL for the survey is http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HIPAAsec

We will summarize and share the responses with participants. If you have any questions about this survey or would
prefer to complete the survey off-line or anonymously, please contact me. If your institution has IT or ISO staff at
medical or allied health schools who are not on this list, I would appreciate if you would please forward this to them.

Additional information on the Breach Notification for Unsecured Protected Health Information:
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2009/pdf/E9-20169.pdf

I apologize for cross-postings.

Faith McGrath, Compliance Officer
Yale University ITS - Information Security
faith.mcgrath () yale edu
voice: 203.737.4087 telefax: 203.436.5342
security () yale edu || security.yale.edu