Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: A10 Networks

From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:53:40 -0500

Miller,James R wrote:
Is anyone familiar with or using the A10 Networks series of bandwidth
management appliances instead of Packeteer? We are looking for a
Packeteer replacement since the 10000 series really seems to be
overloaded with our 300Mb Internet connection.

We use their IDSentrie, so I evaluated their bandwidth manager a couple
years ago. At that time, it identified fewer traffic types than our
Packeteer, and we went with the Procera Packetlogic instead. I would
expect they should have built up a traffic class list since then, and
I'm interested to hear from you all...

--
Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the publication of the Origin of
Species.

   www.calfrye.com,  www.pitalabs.com

"It's wonderful how much you can learn when you admit you might not know
everything."