Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IT Security in Higher Ed.

From: "Hart, Lee Anne" <LeeAnne.Hart () MONTGOMERYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:56:16 -0400

Hello,

I'd like to do a little research on how or if IT Security in Higher
Education is different from other organizations such as the government and
corporate America.

- Are the threats/risks different?
- Is the purpose or goal different?
- Are there organizational differences?
- Unique challenges to working in higher ed?
- Why do you work in higher ed?
- Unique benefits to higher ed?
- Have you worked for the government or a "for profit" company? If so, what
differences do you see?
- Should it be different? Why/why not?
- Do you know of similar articles or threads on this topic?
- Other?

Thanks in advance for you help. Feel free to respond offline. I'll review
the responses and use the information in blog entry I'll share with list.

Thanks,
Lee Anne

Lee Anne Hart, CISSP
IT Security Analyst