Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Forwarding

From: Chris Steele <chris.steele () ANGELO EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:27:35 -0500

We do not allow forwarding currently by student/faculty/staff/etc.  Technically, we used to allow it and do it once
upon a time.  SPAM and particularly winding up on blocked from sending mail was part of our decision to no longer
forward.  We have not revisited that in detail to make any technical changes to avoid such issues.