Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network config monitoring and auditing software

From: "Spransy, Derek" <DSPRANS () EMORY EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:44:09 -0400

OSSEC added agentless integrity monitoring support in version 2.0 specifically for some network devices.  In fact, they
have a module that's written to monitor Cisco PIX devices.  I've never used the feature (I only use OSSEC for
Windows/Linux hosts), but OSSEC is free and a great HIDS.

http://www.ossec.net/dcid/?p=158

-Derek

Derek Spransy
IT Security Lead