Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Student workers & shared drive restrictions

From: Brian Desmond <brian.desmond () MORANTECHNOLOGY COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 12:28:58 -0500

Couple ways I can think of to do it:

--> Have you logon script check the group membership of the computer account
and then do the mappings based on that. Put computers in security groups
based on office/department/etc.

--> You can do all sorts of creative filtering with Group Policy Preferences
and you can use that (GPP) to do the drive mapping.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
brian.desmond () morantechnology com

c - 312.731.3132