Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Administrative v/s power user Access for Staff and students

From: "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker () MTMERCY EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 13:10:36 -0600

We have made all of our employees power users. Students in the labs get standard user rights assigned to them. Most
admin right issues that I've seen can be fixed by granting write access to an application directory. Is situations like
that we have a startup script that will use the cacls.exe command to change directory ACLs.

Mike Tupker
Systems Administrator
Mount Mercy College
Office: (319) 363-1323 x1401