Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remote Access to Staff Desktops

From: Greg Francis <francis () GONZAGA EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:13:05 -0800

We do it by publishing the RDP client through Citrix. Users login to
Citrix and then launch the RDP client published application to connect
to their internal workstation. This enforces encryption and prevents
direct access to the workstations by allowing us to block RDP at the
firewall. There have been some issues with this on some applications
that are run locally on the workstations where the screen painting is
problematic but overall it works well.

Greg

Greg Francis
Director, Central Computing and Network Support Services
Information Technology Services
Gonzaga University
509-313-6896
francis () gonzaga edu