Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Compromise Email Accounts

From: Daniel Bennett <dbennett () PCT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 07:30:36 -0500

We currently have a similar script that I created in vb.net.  It reads our syslogs of our spam filter every 15 minutes
and based on a threshold passed to the program it will alert our sysadmins of accounts that sent over x amount of
emails in that time frame.  The log files are then archived every hour.

I need to build functionality into it that takes another threshold to disable accounts.

Daniel Bennett
IT Security Analyst
Security+

PA College of Technology