Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Faculty & Staff E-mail Forwarding to Outside Providers

From: "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker () MTMERCY EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:27:52 -0600

We recently stopped email forwarding on our exchange server. Our issues weren't necessarily just with ferpa but with
notifications. Many of the email forwards that people had requested that we setup for them were pointing to addresses
that they didn't use anymore. As a result some people started complaining that they weren't getting their emails or
that campus email didn't work. :)