Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: recommendation for a cissp bootcamp

From: Michael Grinnell <grinnell () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:15:14 -0500

I went to a training camp CBK review (not the full course) and it was a
good overview.  The course was taught by a great instructor (Steve
Kalman), who had done extensive work with (ISC)2 preparing curriculum
for some of the other certs they offer.  One of the most useful things
that I got from the course, however, was the workbook.  Like the SANS
workbooks, it was just a copy of the powerpoint slides with some notes,
but it was all you needed to pass the test, and a lot shorter than the
Harris book.

Michael Grinnell
Information Security Engineer
The American University