Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

what is the Campus Collaboration Project?

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 11:48:50 -0700

We have recently been spammed by the Campus Collaboration Project.  The email messages came with various subject lines,
various sender addresses and various hosts.  The messages were all pretty much the same and referred to their website
by a bunch of aliases including "CampusWise.org", "StudySocial.org", "StudySimple.org" and others.  The website lists
several "featured schools" and I'm wondering if anyone on this list from those schools can confirm that any real
collaboration has been established between the campus collaboration project and:

Arizona State University
Ohio State University
New York University
University of California - Berkeley
University of Illinois - Champaign/Urbana

--
Bob Bayn     (435)797-2396     Security Team coordinator
Office of Information Techology at Utah State University