Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data capture protection for security staff

From: Martin Manjak <mm376 () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:00:54 -0400

Here are a few links. The first covers SysAdmin responsibilities and the
second is the text of our log-in banner:

1. http://www.albany.edu/policies/computer_usage/#sysadmin
2. http://www.albany.edu/its/authorizeduse.htm

Since you asked specifically about the discovery of unauthorized
activities, I'm also including one of the sections from the SysAdmins
duties:
*
Policy Violations and Criminal Activity:* If the system administrator,
in the performance of duties, uncovers information that an individual is
acting inconsistent with this policy, or discovers evidence of criminal
activity, the system administrator must report such findings to the
appropriate authority.