Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA DMCA notices malformed this school year

From: Bob Bayn <Bob.Bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 08:12:11 -0600

I also got a call from Jeremy Landis yesterday after sending
back a DMCA notice which was addressed to our tech.support
address instead of the DMCA contact, asking for confirmation.
He gave an explanation and said that my contact info was now
"reconfirmed".

I had sort of assumed that "Jeremy Landis" was a pseudonym like
"Betty Crocker" or "Aunt Jemima" and was surprised to hear a real
voice.  ;-)

--
Bob Bayn  ride-a-bike (435)797-2396
Security Team coordinator

Following up; I spoke with Jeremy Landis of the RIAA yesterday.
He was quite helpful and said that they've fixed both these issues.
We didn't receive any notices this morning so I cannot yet confirm.

--
~Jonny Sweeny, GSEC, GCWN, GCIH, GWAS, SSP-CNSA
Incident Response Manager, Lead Security Analyst