Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA DMCA notices malformed this school year

From: Charlie Reitsma <reitsmac () DENISON EDU>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:20:51 -0400

The only problem we had with the bit bucket route is that the sender will still tell the local newspaper that they sent so many notices when asked. They sent to a non-existent address; it wasn't until the newspaper article appeared that we even realized they were sending them and went looking.

Quoting Ardoth Hassler <hasslera () GEORGETOWN EDU>:

This has been our practice. We usually send a reply that it is improperly served and if properly served, we'll process it. We word it better, of course. We also don't offer the correct address. After all, it's regstered. ;-) To my knowledge, we've never had one reserved.

Ardoth Hassler
Georgetown U.