Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Residential (Dorm) Network

From: "Avdagic, Indir" <indir_avdagic () WSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:55:54 -0700

We are using firewalls to control traffic between resnet and rest of the
campus. Also, we use Cisco Clean Access to check on the anti-virus and
operating systems update level.

Additionally, we use Packeteer's shaper for bandwidth management.

I hope this helps.

Indir Avdagic, CISSP, ACSA, TICSA
Network Security Engineer
Washington State University