Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RT-IR experiences

From: Kees Leune <LEUNE () ADELPHI EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:29:13 -0400

On 7/21/2008 at 2:12 PM, in message
<DBCE72DB-FFE4-4DF4-B9E2-2856D01A26BE () isc upenn edu>, Melissa Muth
<muthm () ISC UPENN EDU> wrote:

We're considering deploying RT-IR for tracking incidents. If you are
using it, we'd appreciate hearing about your experiences.

Based on a survey conducted by H. Morrow Long about 2 years ago, 28%
of respondents were using RT, and 10% were using RT-IR. Since RT-IR
was enhanced significantly around that time, I wonder if anyone has
migrated to it in the past two years.

Thanks in advance!

Also take a look at AIRT (www.airt.nl). It is a incident tracking system used by universities and NRENs in Europe. Free
software still actively being developed and supported out of the United States. Ping me offline if you would like more
information.

-Kees
--

Dr. Kees Leune CISSP GCIH