Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN concentrator Replacement Recommendation Needed

From: "Avdagic, Indir" <indir_avdagic () WSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:00:23 -0700

Schilling,

We are using Cisco ASA 55XX and we were able to implement user's
authentication and authorization against AD. Initially we had problems
with Cisco LDAP authorization attributes when we tried with ASA firmware
version 7.2.X.

After we upgrade to ASA firmware version 8.0.3 in which Cisco re-wrote
and renamed Cisco LDAP authentication and authorization attributes we
were able to map Cisco and AD LDAP attributes and everything works fine
now.

Regards,

Indir Avdagic, CISSP, ACSA, TICSA
Network Security Engineer
Washington State University
indir_avdagic () wsu edu <mailto:indir_avdagic () wsu edu>
Phone: (509) 335-3279