Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA Timestamps Off

From: Dennis Bohn <BOHN () ADELPHI EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:55:59 -0400

We have many-to-one nats in our Resnet (vendor C would call this PAT.)  To ID the user we must verify each notice with
our logs.  If there was no flow matching the allegation in terms of time, source and destination  ip address and port,
the case is unsubstantiated.  This has happened less frequently in the past year than previously, but has still
happened.  Of course, if the complaint is substantiated, action is taken.

Best,
dennis

dennis bohn
network manager
5168773327
<message fabricated with 100% recycled electrons>