Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Juniper Firewalls

From: "Lovaas,Steven" <Steven.Lovaas () COLOSTATE EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 14:20:10 -0700

We've been standardizing internally on the Juniper SSG line. I concur that transparent can be a little more difficult,
partially because the documentation on transparent mode is less complete.  But it does make the deployment easy, since
you don't have to change anyone's addressing.

Also (and this may have changed in the most recent OS) I believe that Active-Active HA is only supported with routed
mode.

Steve

Steven Lovaas, MSIA, CISSP
IT Security Manager