Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Visual Interpretation of Internet Threats

From: Aaron Wade <agw8 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:22:35 -0500

Connie,
Check out secviz.org.  There are some great visualization tools there.

HTH
-Aaron

This may be a strange request, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of
attempts to make visuals of Internet threats. One of the big issues we
face is the fact that people don't see the threats, and what they don't
see, they don't take seriously. Metrics help, demos help, and good stories
help, but if anyone knows of some visuals that can help people to actually
"see" the threat, or a representation of the threat, I'd LOVE to hear
about it.

This might be a good student project??  ;-)

Thanks...

Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM, GIAC GSLC
IT Security Officer, Brown University
Campus Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912
Connie_Sadler () Brown edu,  Office: 401-863-7266
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x91E38EFB
PGP Fingerprint: DA5F ED84 06D7 1635 4BC7 560D 9A07 80BA 91E3 8EFB

Aaron Wade, CCE
IT Security & Infrastructure
Engineering Information Technologies
Cornell University