Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Xbox

From: jkaftan <jkaftan () UTICA EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 15:20:55 -0500

We have more and more students wanting to get their Xbox's and other gaming
consoles on the network.  We have decided to allow it.  However there is a
problem with them being able to connect to each other on the internet -
inbound ports.  They are requesting inbound ports being opened.  Due to our
NAT and DHCP this would be ugly at best.  However security is our biggest
concern.

Have your students been asking for this?  Has anyone found a way to give the
students what they want securely and easily?