Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Acceptable Use Policies.

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:25:54 -0400

We're looking for a way to compel users to agree to revisions in our
AUP; right now, we simply update it on the web page and email the users
to urge them to go there, but we'd like to have a little more
accountability on an account-by-account level.

Unfortunately, we don't have any sort of campus portal, so that's not an
option. Also, since we're a very heterogeneous network (with Windows,
Mac, and Linux endpoints) we'd need something platform neutral.

How are other institutions dealing with this?

--Matt
--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-2403
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu