Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: email threats

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 16:06:19 -0500

At 03:52 PM 9/4/2007, Mark DeSerio put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Does anyone have procedures in place regarding email threats to their college? Such as certain key words in a message
would get forwarded to personnel to handle the email threat.   This would be bomb threats and threats to employees.
The recent occurrences at other colleges that have be in the news our college is interested in what other schools have
in place for email threats.

We let our police department deal with threats.  personally,
even if I suspect that the threat is likely nothing to be
worried about, I don't want to be the person who makes that
decision.  Especially if it's the wrong one.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.