Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Coincidence or bold spammer?

From: Conor McGrath <conormc () UCHICAGO EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:36:29 -0500

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 08:19:52AM -0400 Paul Russell said:
This morning, I received spam inviting me to contribute a technical article
for an alleged 'security' magazine named 'hakin9'. Ordinarily, I would have
Just Hit Delete, but the following paragraph caught my attention.

As you are interested and knowledgeable in IT security matters and you are
a famous persona in IT security community we would be
honoured if you wish to cooperate with us and to write some technical, IT
security related  articles for our magazine.

Did anyone else on this list, particularly anyone who has recently posted to
this list, receive the same spam?

Yep, got it and deleted it.

-Conor

--
Conor McGrath                                           Phone: (773)702-7611
Manager for Network Security                            Fax: (773)834-8444