Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Web-based file sharing/dropbox apps (was RE: Secure file transfers)

From: Jason Hardy <jthardy () UTA EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:53:59 -0500

This isn't a shared source app, but it is based on open standards:

The University of Texas at Arlington uses Xythos (www.xythos.com) Web
File Server for collaboration and document sharing --
https://mavspace.uta.edu/.

We've found Xythos to be ideal for replacing email attachments. You can
license an additional plugin, called Xythos Drive, that can be
configured to automatically upload attachments from Outlook to the
Xythos server, replacing the email attachment with a link to the
original document on the Web File Server.