Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Large edu's doing NAT campus wide?

From: David A Lundy <dlundy () PACIFIC EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 09:50:30 -0700

On our campus we do a NAT, not PAT so there is a one to one binding of
inside IP to outside IP address for the duration of the NAT.  That
binding remains for thirty minutes past the last IP traffic for that
NAT.  We find there usually, but not always, is a several hour period
before the outside address is reused.

Dave