Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Music download service...

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:14:55 -0500

At 08:16 AM 10/6/2006, Herbert Baines III put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Has it slowed-down the DMCA notices?

Month/Year Total-Infringements
8/2004 = 36
9/2004 = 142

8/2005 = 23
9/2005 = 78

8/2006 = 13
9/2006 = 45

FWIW, we do not have any of the commercial services, available
for free, on campus.  I did wonder, after seeing these stats,
if we had noticed any change.  I can't post our numbers, but,
while they are lower than these they have also been remarkably
consistent over the last three years.

Perhaps that's of value, as a point of comparison.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.