Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outsourcing Student (and maybe staff?) Email

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:07:28 -0600

We are currently in the testing phase of considering moving all student
e-mail to Microsofts Live@EDU.  I'm not real happy with it so far
because of the number of messages we receive stating that the service is
down completely or partially.

As for staff/faculty e-mail we maintain it.  We believe there is too
much of a legal risk if we allow somebody else to take it over.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Network Security System Administrator

Office: (417) 447-7535