Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: "Waller, Michael A. (HSC)" <Michael-Waller () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:19:14 -0500

We're working towards this. Basically, we understand that there will be some need, but we're going to make those who
want to keep sensitive data on a portable device aware of the risks and make them jump through some additional hoops.
This way, the user is more aware of the risk and supervisors/department heads/deans/IT have a much clearer picture of
what's out in the wild.

Mike Waller   CISSP
Information Technology, Information Security Services
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center