Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security risk assessment survey for research

From: "Victoriano Casas, ISO" <vcasas () AUSTIN UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:42:43 -0600

Dear Information Security Professionals:

My name is Victoriano Casas and I am a graduate student at Texas State
University (www.txstate.edu) pursuing a Masters in Public Administration
(MPA). I also work full time at the University of Texas at Austin as an
Information Security Analyst in the Information Security Office.  I am
currently working on my applied research project (ARP, commonly called a
thesis) to fulfill the requirements for my degree. I would like to
request your participation in a short survey.  The focus of my research
is security risk assessments.

This research project is non-funded. The intent of this survey is to
obtain expert opinion on categories of an information security risk
assessment. The survey will take no longer than 10 minutes.

Your response will be kept confidential and only aggregate statistics
will be reported.  Your individual expert opinion is requested and will
not be construed as a representation of your agency or university.  The
survey is for research only and will not be used to make comparisons
between universities and/or state agencies.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation. If you have any
comments or questions, please feel free to contact me or the professor
overseeing the research project.  Your response is requested by March
13, 2006.

Thank you for participating in this survey.  The survey can be
downloaded at the following URL:
https://webspace.utexas.edu/vc243/CasasV_Survey.pdf

If you would like a copy of the finished ARP, please email me or visit
the Texas State University MPA website
(http://uweb.txstate.edu/~ps07/arp_ind.htm).

Sincerely,
Victoriano Casas III, CISSP
Graduate Student, Texas State University at San Marcos
vcasas () austin utexas edu
(512) 232-9371 (office at UT)

Oversight Professor:
           Hassan Tajalli, Ph.D.
           Masters of Public Administration Program
           Department of Political Science
           Texas State University
           San Marcos, TX 78666
           (512) 245-2143