Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Query on content filtering

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:56:42 -0500

Don,

Could you tell us a little more about this state policy on content filtering that you mentioned?

Thanks, Tracy

We're using Securiants Spider to do some of our content filtering. It's been pretty good. I'm looking at how to make it a bit more intelligent regarding what is permitted and what's not. Filtering has proven to be a bit of a bear for me given everyone sometimes feels as though their intellectual freedoms have been violated by some of the restrictions that have been put in place.

Aaron M Gibbs
Executive Director
Center for Information Technology
Saint Augustine's College