Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Query on content filtering

From: "Gibbs, Aaron M." <AMGibbs () ST-AUG EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:34:01 -0500

We're using Securiants Spider to do some of our content filtering. It's been pretty good. I'm looking at how to make it
a bit more intelligent regarding what is permitted and what's not. Filtering has proven to be a bit of a bear for me
given everyone sometimes feels as though their intellectual freedoms have been violated by some of the restrictions
that have been put in place.

Aaron M Gibbs
Executive Director
Center for Information Technology