Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NCAA ?!

From: "Christopher E. Cramer" <chris.cramer () DUKE EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:12:32 -0500

Interesting.  It looks like you can use SSL and the link for student
login/registration does use https.  Have you tried contacting them?
Perhaps they're willing to redirect all requests to the SSL encrypted
version.  Given the sensitivity of the data and that they have SSL
available and even use it for the student login suggests that they might
be willing to make that change.

-c

--
Christopher E. Cramer, Ph.D.
University Information Technology Security Officer