Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNS Hosting

From: Alan Amesbury <amesbury () OITSEC UMN EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:49:32 -0600

Andrew Watson wrote:

We are looking to move some of our DNS services off campus.  Does anyone
have any recommendations for externally hosted DNS providers?

I think the University of Minnesota has a long-standing agreement to
work with the University of Washington (washington.edu) for this,
although I don't know the details of that agreement.  Is commercial
hosting a requirement, i.e., is working with an .edu (perhaps one who
might be willing to do it for free, if you were to provide them with a
similar service) out of the question?

--
Alan Amesbury
University of Minnesota